One of your rights under EU law is that you must be informed when your personal information - also known as data - is processed (collected, used, stored etc.) by any organisation including EU institutions. You also have the right to know the details and purpose(s) of that processing.
Your personal data
- Although you can browse through most of these websites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal data is required in order to provide services you request;
- EASME collects your personal data only to the extent necessary to fulfil precise purpose(s) related to our tasks as an EU institution (see Article 5(a) of Regulation 45/2001) or based on your explicit consent (Article 5(d) of Regulation 45/2001) which are cookies to allow you to browse our website, or to reply to your questions;
- We do not reuse personal data for another purpose different to the ones stated;
- We put in place measures to guarantee that your data are kept up-to-date and processed securely;
- Under certain conditions outlined in law, we may disclose your information to third parties, (such as the European Anti-Fraud Office, the Court of Auditors, or law enforcement authorities) if it is necessary and proportionate for lawful, specific purposes.
Cookies are short text files stored on a user’s device (such as a computer, tablet or phone) by a website.
Cookies are used for the technical functioning of a website or for gathering statistics.
Cookies are also typically used to provide a more personalised experience for a user for example, when an online service remembers your user profile without you having to login.
When you visit our website, we may collect some data on your browsing experience such as your IP address, the EASME page you visited, when you visited and the website page you were redirected from.
This information is used to gather aggregated and anonymous statistics with a view to improving our services and to enhance your user experience.
When you visit the EASME website, we will keep the browser history of your visit for a maximum of 13 months. This information will then be deleted.
The collection, aggregation and anonymising operations are performed in the data centre of the European Commission under adequate security measures.
- You have the right to access your personaldata, to have it rectified or erased or to request restriction of processing or to object to the processing if applicable.
- When processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to recourse to the European Data Protection Supervisor and to to the EASME Data protection officer at any time if you believe your data protection rights have been breached;
- If you need further information or you wish to exercise your rights as a data subject under EU data protection rules (Regulation EC 45/2001 currently under revision in the light of the GDPR) you can contact the controller for this processing operation: the Head of Unit for Administration via the following email EASME-COMMUNICATION@ec.europa.eu.
We use social media to present our work through widely used and contemporary channels.
Our use of social media is highlighted on this website. For instance, you can watch EASME videos, which we upload to our YouTube page and follow links from our website to Twitter and LinkedIn.
Cookies are not set by our display of social media buttons to connect to those services when our website pages are loaded on your computer (or other devices) or from components from those services embedded in our web pages.
Each social media channel has their own policy on the way they process your personal data when you access their sites. For example, if you choose to watch one of our videos on YouTube, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept YouTube cookies; if you look at our Twitter activity on Twitter, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept Twitter cookies; the same applies for LinkedIn.
If you have any concerns or questions about their use of your personal data, you should read their privacy policies carefully before using them.
Twitter is used by EASME for information purposes only.
EASME follows some Twitter users. However, being followed by EASME does not imply endorsement of any kind. EASME reserves the right to not reply individually to messages or comments received on Twitter.