The overall goal of this call for proposal is to turn EntreComp as an idea into action to bring value to communities of users at local, regional national level. This initiative aims to get together relevant players in a number of countries to create a collaborative community that will explore how the framework can function as a catalyst and a tool, to foster the entrepreneurial skills of young people and citizens in general. It is essential to help public authorities, educational institutions and the private sector to use EntreComp’s findings in a collaborative way.
The goal is to bring together key stakeholders (at EU, national, regional or local level) for interactive discussions around the Entrepreneurship Competence Framework (EntreComp), with the objective to build collaborations between education and training providers, enterprises and other stakeholders and to actively involve the target user groups in a co-design process.
EntreComp is going to be a central instrument for the promotion and uptake of entrepreneurship education across Europe.
The specific objectives of this call for proposals include:
- Encouraging system-level development of support for the entrepreneurship competence, including for instance new policy strategies and initiatives, the establishment of durable national, regional or local collaborative communities, high level curricula reform, strategic partnerships between different sectors etc.;
- Using EntreComp, to develop a holistic set of learning opportunities, education and training programmes and support services for the development of the entrepreneurial competence throughout life;
- Engaging with employers and employment services to support the development and assessment of entrepreneurial competences in job seeking, in the work place and during working life;
- Encouraging innovation and new approaches to entrepreneurship competence development in different learning settings (including formal, non-formal and informal settings) and the involvement of new providers, companies, NGO, intermediaries;
- Using EntreComp to form responses to the changing nature of labour market and education and training, due for instance to digital technology, to support citizens’ innovation and creativity.
- Disseminating lessons learnt to stakeholders and policy makers from other regions and countries;
- Bringing countries (and/or regions, cities) together to exchange experiences and good practices in building a coherent methodology to support the development of entrepreneurial skills at national and local level.
Activities supported by this call for proposals aim to encourage a systemic use of the Entrepreneurship Competence Framework (EntreComp) in order to support the development and assessment of entrepreneurial mindsets and skills, and to facilitate further progress in the spread and effectiveness of entrepreneurship education and training.
Activity 1 sets the foundations for the actions and concerns the establishment of cross-sectoral collaborative communities to support the development and the assessment of entrepreneurial skills.
The call foresees designing a strategy with a concrete plan of actions, concerning for instance the design of new education and training curricula, the provision of support services for competence development.
Other activities will comprise development of learning opportunities based on the learning outcomes, testing new approaches to developing and assessing the entrepreneurship competence as well as workshops, seminars and other events.
Applicants must be legal entities forming a consortium.
Such entities may include:
- Public authorities and public administrations (at the national, regional or local level);
- Chamber of commerce and industry or similar bodies;
- Business associations and business support collaborative communities;
- Training and educational institutions;
- NGOs, non-profit organisations, associations and foundations; and
- Other public and private entities specialised in education, training or employment.
Linked third parties, i.e. legal entities having a legal or capital link with applicants, which is neither limited to the action nor established for the sole purpose of its implementation, may take part in the action as applicants in order to declare eligible costs.
Only applications from legal entities established in EU Member States or in countries participating in the COSME programme pursuant to Article 6 of the COSME Regulation, are eligible.
Each consortium must designate a coordinator. An eligible consortium must fulfil the following criteria:
The consortium must be composed of a minimum of six (6) legal entities located in at least three (3) EU member states or COSME participating countries:
The consortium must include, as a partner, per country:
- at least one public authority at national, regional or local level responsible for education, employment or entrepreneurship policy and activities, and
- at least one entity representing business or employment support entities, like chambers of commerce and industry, trade union, employers organisations, employment offices.
For British applicants: Please be aware that eligibility criteria must be complied with for the entire duration of the grant. If the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU ensuring in particular that British applicants continue to be eligible, you will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible, to participate) or be required to leave the project on the basis of Article 34.3.1(b) of the grant agreement.
The deadline for electronic submission is 22 August 2019, 17:00 Brussels time.
The link to the submission system is available on the Funding and Tenders Portal.
Questions and answers
Potential applicants should address questions related to the content of this call to: EASME-COSME-EntreComp-CALL@ec.europa.eu
Answers will only be published periodically and within a reasonable period of time on this page. Last questions to be answered are those, which will be submitted at least 7 days prior to the closing date of this call.
Information session in a form of a webinar is foreseen. Details will follow via this page.