Organiser: LIFE Consolidation of a brown bear population in a region with fragmented management: the Central Pyrenees (PirosLife)
Dates: 19-21 September 2019
- discussion about the conflict between farming and other land sectors and large carnivores, with particular emphasis on the brown bear;
- Southern European practices in innovative damage prevention systems;
- how administrations facilitate the implementation of prevention measures.
International conference on the return of large carnivores in mountain areas
- coexistence with the local population and traditional mountain activities, such as livestock farming and bee-keeping;
- results of the PirosLife project;
- communication, conflict management and the value of large carnivores;
- field trip to the Catalan Pyrenees, location of the PirosLife project.
Image: © LIFE13 NAT/ES/001394. All rights reserved. Licenced to the European Union under conditions.