Startup Europe is a European Commission initiative which aims to work with stakeholders to create a startup-friendly environment allowing entrepreneurs to start, grow and scale up their business throughout Europe and globally.
The Startup Europe Forum will be a part of ICT 2015 and will offer a unique opportunity for participants to engage in a fruitful dialogue on innovation and entrepreneurship, participate in accelerator activities and create close links between Horizon 2020 researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs.
This initiative organises policy sessions highlighting EU and national policy actions relevant for the web and ICT community. Communication activities on new funding opportunities in Horizon 2020, on services supporting startups provided via EU projects and programmes, and on accelerator activities are also organised.
Why should you attend ?
Startup Europe Forum participants are offered a set of activities profiling EU policy actions for startups:
- Policy sessions: join and liaise with EC officials and the startup stakeholders community to highlight EU and national policy actions relevant for startups and how these policies can support your community;
- EU-funded services: discover a set of services supporting startups provided via EU projects and programmes (e.g startup ecosystem networking, cross-border acceleration and internationalisation, women and youth entrepreneurship);
- Other initiatives in Europe: participate in the Seedcamp session to accelerate your ideas, discover what Euronext is doing to support tech companies in EU stock markets.
- Networking actions: create links among the ICT constituencies participating in Horizon 2020 projects, startups, entrepreneurs and investors.
The Startup Europe Forum will also provide an opportunity for participants to take part in the launch of several initiatives supporting innovation and entrepreneurship:
- The launch of the "Digital Startup City Index" ranking different European cities based on their level of support to digital entrepreneurship;
- Tech All Stars Winner 2015 distinction awards;
- The launch of the online tool "Startup manifesto policy tracker" monitoring Startup Manifesto implementation progress in EU member states;
- "CREA ICT Business Idea Contest" selecting the best startup ideas that emerged from the 2015 CREA Summer Academies.
Check out the Startup Europe Forum Programme to have more information on the timing and content of the different activities organised over the three days.