Safer Internet Centres are made up of awareness centres and helplines (organized in a pan-European network called INSAFE) and hotlines (organized in a unique pan-European network called INHOPE), in all the Member States, Iceland, Norway and Russia.
Awareness centres’ main activities:
- raising awareness related to potential risks young people may encounter online
- offer advice about staying safe online to young people and deal with issues such as cyber bullying, via the helplines.
- develop information material
- organize events such as the Safer Internet Day, their biggest yearly international event
- organize information sessions for parents, children and teachers.
- In addition, they set up youth panels to be consulted for the development of awareness raising activities, material and campaigns.