The EU funds research and innovation in the field of eHealth and ICTICT for ageing well, which has the interest of the citizens at their core. These projects were funded under the EU's Seventh Research Framework Program (FP7), the Competitiveness & Innovation Framework Program (CIP), and, from 2014 onwards, under Horizon 2020.
The European Commission manages around 100 eHealth and ICT for ageing projects, among which:
- Innovation projects focussing on Personal Health Systems, mobile health (mHealth), telehealth etc. They also include projects working to improve interoperability;
- Research projects covering areas such as diabetes, mental illness, cardiovascular disease, stroke and many others.
- An overview of all recent or on-going EU funded research and innovation projects in the field of ICT for Health, Wellbeing and Ageing;
- A brochure on a selection of our research and innovation projects "ICT for societal challenges";
- Project news, calls and events via our monthly newsletter "eHealth, Wellbeing and Ageing" and on twitter;
- Interested to propose a project? Have a look at the Participant Portal.