In the context of the Future Internet PPP , the European Union provides participants (e.g. regional development agencies, SME associations, accelerators, company investment funds, etc.) with funding opportunities (100 million euros budget for up to 20 projects) to distribute within networks of SMEs and Web entrepreneurs. At least 80% of the funding should be forwarded to innovative players such as SMEs, Web entrepreneurs, ICT developers, etc. through open calls. The funding to SMEs and Web entrepreneurs will be used to develop new applications and services on top of innovative technologies, thereby validating those technologies. Funding per SME or Web Entrepreneur will typically be in the order of 50,000 – 150,000 Euros.
The workshop attracted more than 120 participants and was made available via webstreaming .
- State-of-Play and the 3rd phase , by Ragnar Bergström (European Commission)
- Introduction of Startup Europe , by Isidro Laso Ballesteros (European Commission)
- European Investment Fund (EIF) , by Matthias Ummenhofer (EIF, Head of VC)
- The FI-PPP Value Added , by Stefano De Panfilis (Engineering Ingegneria Informatica)
- StartUp Europe HQ , by Gary Cige (Startup Europe HQ)
- Accelerator Assembly , by Carlos Espinal (Startup Europe Accelerators Assembly)
- The Added Value of Coworking Spaces , by Stefania Scognamiglio (Betacowork)
- Driving Fast Growth of High Potential Start-ups , by Seppo Ruotsalainen (Profict Partners Oy)
- What a VC brings , by Guillaume Dupont (Caphorn Invest)
- Startup Europe Crowdfunding Network , by Oliver Gajda (Startup Europe Crowdfunding)
- Startup Europe Web Investors Forum , by Taro Ugen (France Digitale)