The workshop addressed priorities for the next work programme regarding:
- the implementation of the 5G PPP
- the network technologies not covered by the 5G PPP, i.e. beyond roadmap based research
- and the Internet of Things.
The European Commission (EC) provided a consolidated view of the online consultation contributions received during April-June 2014. This was complemented by experts' invited presentations, views from the NetWorld2020 European Technology Platform and the network technologies/IoT projects' clusters.
The two-day workshop was organised in plenary and break-out parallel sessions on the following six themes:
- Radio (architecture, technologies, mm-waves)
- Network management (security, big data for network management, energy efficiency)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Optical technologies (core, access)
- Experiments, test beds and demonstrations (5G focus)
- SDN/NFV/Internet architectures
Each of the strands was kicked off with a set of invited presentations, followed by participants interventions, the EC online consultation results overview, collective discussions and drafting of a joint position paper summarising received contributions and identifying research priorities. Contributions were also asked to highlight those issues that should be implemented as research actions and under an innovation umbrella.
The final reports for each session and the sessions' slides are available for download.