A whole ecosystem of accelerators, entrepreneurial organisations and events are sprouting up to support this vision through funding and mentoring including:
- Startup accelerators such as Lanzadera, Wayra, Grupo Intercom, Mola, SeedRocket and Cink Emprende amongst others
- Associations that support entrepreneurs and in particular the CEAJE and AIEI
- Crowdfunding platforms that include The Crowd Angel and Socios Inversores
- Public sector bodies Enisa, CDTI and ICEX
- Networking events such as Start-Up the Fusion and South Summit.
The European Union is also committed to strengthening the business environment for startups in Europe through the many instruments available today such as the Horizon 2020 Programme, the Startup Europe Initiative, Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs and relevant FP7 projects (Future Internet Public-Private Partnership phase 3 for instance). Find out more at the Startup Europe roadshow heading to Madrid on May 22nd.
Discover the latest generation of tech stars in Spain through these inspirational success stories. One of them may very well be the next Tuenti:
- An innovative Spanish web startup Concept inbox has created a new technological solution to an age-old problem.
- Enter Tyba, a professional online network created by the young for the young.
- Look how Habitissimo makes it easier for homeowners and building professionals to work together.
- Sezion is another great example of the growing culture of entrepreneurship amongst young Spaniards.
- Discover Smartaxi an innovative app for taxi drivers.
- Traity is an online platform that creates a mutual trust between internet users.