The Scottish Government is committed to Scotland being a world class digital nation by 2020. Digital Skills are critical to achieving this vision which is why Scotland’s First Minister personally launched Scotland’s industry guided Skills Investment Plan (SIP) for the ICT & Digital Technologies sector in March, and announced additional funding of £6.6 million for digital skills.
Delivering the Skills Investment Plan for Scotland’s ICT and digital technologies sector has been facilitated by Skills Development Scotland, working in partnership with key skills groups and industry stakeholders. Partnership is central to this approach; the Digital Scotland – Business Excellence Partnership was created to ensure a strategic and co-ordinated approach between our public agencies and with industry.
- Scottish Government – National Government of Scotland
- Scottish Enterprise – Economic Development Agency covering the central Scotland and Lowlands and Uplands
- Highlands & Islands Enterprise – Economic Development Agency covering Highlands and Islands
- Skills Development Scotland – National Skills Development Body for Scotland
- Scottish Funding Council - National, strategic body responsible for funding teaching and learning provision, research and other activities in Scotland's 41 further and higher education
- Education Scotland - public body, charged with supporting quality and improvement in Scottish education and thereby securing the delivery of better learning experiences and outcomes for Scottish learners of all ages.
- Cosla – Convention of Scottish Local Authorities
- Technology Advisory Group - Comprises leading business figures drawn from across the private sector as well as senior representatives from the public sector including Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Government and key stakeholders
- ScotlandIS – ICT Industry Body for Scotland
- E-Skills UK - Sector Skills Council for Business and Information Technology.
- Federation of Small Businesses - The Federation of Small Businesses is the UK's largest campaigning pressure group promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms.
- Business Gateway - Delivered by the Scottish Government in partnership with local authorities, enterprise agencies and other public bodies across Scotland top provide information and support to businesses in Scotland