Digital Leadership Institute, in partnership with the Council for European Professional Informatics Societies (CEPIS), DIGITALEUROPE, the European Centre for Women and Technology (ECWT), and the European Schoolnet, pledges to create, publicise and award a pan-European Award for women and girls who distinguish themselves and their organisations in digitally-driven and digitally-enabled areas of study and work, in order to achieve the following:
- Reward and bring recognition to women and girls in different domains and age groups who show leadership in digitally-driven and digitally-enabled areas of study and work;
- Advance the uptake of digital technology and digital skills among women and girls, and society as a whole;
- Demonstrate commitment to development and use of technology for social benefit.
The proposed Award categories are:
- Digital Woman of the Year: Destined for a woman who works and/or lives in Europe and has distinguished herself in digital activities, studies or careers;
- Digital Girl of the Year: Destined for three girls in different age categories (under 11, 11-14 years & 15-17 years) who live and/or study in Europe and have distinguished themselves in digital activities and/or studies; and
- Digital Impact Organisation of the Year: Destined for an organisation in Europe whose work fundamentally impacts the eco-system in Europe to increase the participation of girls and women in digital sectors.
Cheryl Miller | Founder & Executive Director, Digital Leadership Institute