In line with the Digital Agenda for Europe, the aim is to contribute to the timely and consistent implementation of the telecoms rules by:
- Monitoring and reporting on implementation in the Member States;
- Launching infringement proceedings against Member States which do not respect telecoms rules;
- Carrying out Community consultation procedures through the Article 7 procedure;
- Supporting the work of the Communications Committee which brings together Member States’ officials to coordinate the implementation of the telecoms rules;
- Cooperation with Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC) which assists the Commission and the national regulatory authorities (NRAs) in the implementation of the EU telecoms rules;
- Organising seminars for national judges focusing on various aspects of telecoms regulation.