Digital Futures is a visioning project designed to contribute to the Commission's reflections on ICT policies beyond 2020. Participants take inspiration from long-term visions of the future (2050) rather than from the trends of today. Many of visions you can read in the Futurium were created collectively during participatory meetings in the early days of the project.
If you would like to contribute to this collective endeavour you may consider co-hosting a brainstorming session with Digital Futures in the context of one of your forthcoming events.
What does this mean?
- Invite the people active in your field to generate out-of-the-box ideas together for beyond-2020 policies, regulations, and research and innovation challenges related to the theme of your event. Does the future matter to your field?
- Do you want to open-up your conversation to virtually anyone in the word? The Digital Futures team can help you to host a truly participatory conversation that allows everyone to contribute.
- Share the outcome of your event on Futurium, for collaborative editing, voting and further engagement with other visionary thinkers and movers.
Through Futurium, the participants in your conversations can continue to refine their visions and generate new ideas to inform future strategic debates in your area(s).
More about Digital Futures objectives and work plan.
What it takes to host a Digital Futures conversation
- Ingredients: You will need 2 to 4 hours and an open space big enough to hold the number of participants (ideally 20 and more) sitting in small groups around small tables. The Digital Futures team would provide support for designing the conversation and guidelines as to how to host the participants and capture the knowledge co-created during the event.
- The face-to-face conversation event could be extended to a potentially unlimited number of online participants, provided that the chosen venue has a reliable broadband internet connection. The Digital Futures team would take care of organising and hosting the online conversation.
- Futurium can host the subsequent refining and curation of content generated during your event.
- You set the goals and shape the form of your conversation. The topics to be addressed can be identified by you as the organisers, or proposed online by the participants ahead of the event – the choice is yours.
For more details, please contact Afonso Ferreira or Adam Watson-Brown
Last updated on 28/07/2015 - 16:44