"Health is clearly our biggest service delivery spending area. As Taoiseach I am taking a personal interest in the health reform initiatives in Ireland and I am personally very enthusiastic about the potential that eHealth deployment holds." - Enda Kenny, Irish Prime Minister.
The objective of this meeting was to gather stakeholders from both sides of the Atlantic around the roadmap and to discuss how to practically achieve its goals. Member states like Ireland expressed their interest to be part of an interoperability pilot, which will be based on the already existing epSOS pilot. In the meantime, there has also been a webinar on this topic.
The video of the meeting features the following speakers (in order of appearance):
- Pēteris Zilgalvis (Head of Unit ICT for Health and Well-Being, DG Connect, European Commission);
- Alex White (Head of State at the Department of Health Ireland);
- Karel De Gucht (EU Trade Commissioner), see the speech also here;
- Farzad Mostashari (National Coordinator for Health IT, US Department of Health and Human Services);
- Douglas Fridsma (Chief Science Officer, US Department of Health and Human Services);
- Benoit Abeloos (Policy Officer in charge of interoperability and standardisation, DG Connect, European Commission);
- Prof. Dipak Kalra (University College London);
- Frank Cunningham (Policy Officer in charge of eHealth external relations, DG Connect, European Commission);
- Enda Kenny (An Taoiseach/Prime Minister Ireland), see the transcript of his speech here;
- Therese Murray (President of the Massachusetts Senate);
- Chandra Brown (US Department of Commerce);
- Edwin Poots (Minister of Health and Social Services of Northern Ireland).