Pre-information notice for low-value contracts between EUR 15 000 and EUR 60 000.
This publication is made pursuant to Article 124.1 (b) of the Rules of Application of the Financial Regulation that provides for an ex-ante publication on the Institutions' websites of contracts with a value up to 60.000 EUR.
Only those candidates invited by the contracting authority to participate in the procedure for awarding the low value contract will be admissible.
Call for tenders: "Lean LaunchPad (LLP) Pilot for European innovation researchers and start-up entrepreneurs in the ICT domain"
Purpose of this call for tenders:
The European Commission will launch soon a call for tenders for a service contract of a maximum value of EUR 60 000.
The purpose of this call for tenders is to pilot up-to 3 coaching courses over 12 months dedicated to European innovation researchers and start-up entrepreneurs in the ICT area. The courses should be based on the Lean LaunchPad underlying concepts and methodology, and be tailored around researchers, innovators and ICT based high-tech start-ups that have been awarded EU grants under H2020 and/or FP7 ICT specific programmes. Access to the courses is allowed to those projects that benefit or have benefitted from an EU grant up-to a maximum of 18 months from project-end with respect to the date of application to the LLP course.
The 12 months pilot phase will primarily, but not exclusively, address projects in receipt of funding from FP7 and H2020 in the ICT domain within three priority areas, namely ODI (Open Disruptive Innovation) Phase 1, FET (Future and Emerging Technologies) Open, and eHealth and Active and Healthy Ageing. Possibility to access to LLP based courses is offered also to EU funded projects under any other ICT related area showing strong motivation to participate in the pilot.
The coaching courses based on the Lean LaunchPad method aim to increase the chances of success in commercialising research results for start-up innovative enterprises.
The initiative should pilot the best approaches for:
- Building and launching dedicated training courses based on the LLP method tailored to European innovation in research and entrepreneurship ecosystems;
- Raising awareness about LLP underlying concept and methodology in Europe among potential service providers and perspective client applicants;
- Train the trainers: prepare potential course providers acting as multipliers to offer coaching courses at a local level, develop relevant know how, skills and tailor made courses building also on existing similar offerings. tailored
- Sharing and disseminating information and lessons learned about the initiative to relevant players in view of laying the foundations for the development and expansion of teaching LLP based courses in Europe.
Interested economic operators can express their interest to participate in the call for tender until
12 October 2014 in writing to CNECTemail@example.com;
The pre-selection criteria applied for this call are:
- Relevant competence, deep understanding and proven experience in teaching Lean LaunchPad based methods and related components;
- Capacity, knowledge and sound experience in selecting, training, coaching and nurturing at least 50 start-ups and innovative entrepreneurs over 12 months notably in the area of digital technologies, applications and services, with the view to bring research results and breakthrough to market, and increase the chances of their successful commercialisation on a wide scale;
- Ability and renown experience to engage, motivate and cooperate with researchers, innovators and high-tech entrepreneurs operating in the ICT area benefiting from EU grants within H2020 and FP7 programmes;
- Capacity to set up a quantitatively as well as qualitatively representative network of and engage with experienced potential LLP instructors as well as investors (VCs, BAs) and mentors experienced in coaching perspective participants in LLP.
The following evidences must be provided in respect of each of the pre-selection criteria identified above and included in the email expressing the interest of the economic operator to participate in the call for tender:
- Description of the entity (e.g. economic operator, university, etc.), including its size and human resources, main services offered, proven competences relevant to LLP methodology and similar concepts, and capability to support, coaching and nurturing start-ups, innovative companies in view of successful commercialisation of research results and innovative ideas;
- List of successful activities and/or projects over the past 5 years whereby the operator has had a significant role regarding training, nurturing and/or accelerating start-ups and SMEs, and/or translating research results into viable commercial products for wider deployment (including detailed information on the role and activity performed in support to the above objectives);
- List of relevant actors (e.g. instructors/coachers applying LLP based and/or similar concepts,, Business Angels or Venture Capitalists), and related stakeholders with whom the economic operator has worked recently / is working with, including detail on the role and the type of co-operation.
Processing your reply to the ex-ante advertisement will involve the recording and processing of personal data (such as your name, address, CV, details of your Company, etc. ). Such data will be processed pursuant to Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data. Unless indicated otherwise, any personal data requested are required to assess your capacity to participate in the call for tender and will be processed solely for that purpose by the Data Controller. You are entitled to obtain access to your personal data on request and to rectify any such data that is inaccurate or incomplete. If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the Data Controller.
Details concerning the processing of your personal data are available on the privacy statement at: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/dg-connect-privacy-statement
You have the right of recourse at any time to the European Data Protection Supervisor for matters relating to the processing of your personal data.
For the purpose of this ex-ante advertisement, the Data Controller shall be the Head of the Unit "Finance", Directorate "Resources", Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology. Any queries concerning the processing of personal data of the Candidate can be addressed to the data controller by using the e-mail address mentioned under Point "Purpose of this call for tenders" of the present ex-ante advertisement and by indicating the reference of the ex-ante advertisement.
 The Lean LaunchPad method was pioneered at Stanford in the US by Steve Blank and further piloted for NSF and NIH programmes. See example: http://web.stanford.edu/group/e245/cgi-bin/2011/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/e245-syllabus-rev12.pdf