A special Information and Networking Day dedicated to H2020's ICT-15 'Big Data PPP: Large Scale Pilot actions in sectors best benefitting from data-driven innovation' (also known as Lighthouse Projects) organised by DG Connect - Data Value Chain Unit, took place on 1st December 2015 in Albert Borschette Congress Center in Brussels.
Lighthouse projects are large scale Innovation Actions aiming to practically demonstrate how big data technologies can be transformative for data intensive industrial domains. Lighthouse projects are expected to deliver commercial and technological impact. Possible industrial domains of applications include (but are not limited to) health, energy, environment, earth observation, geospatial, transport, manufacturing, finance, media.
The agenda can be found HERE.
Participants and presentations
List of participants (with public profile) HERE
- Welcome & opening remarks, Introduction to the Horizon 2020 and Work Programme 2016-2017, Kimmo ROSSI, European Commission
- Strategic framework for the Data Economy, Beatrice COVASSI, European Commission
- The Big Data Value Association: the private side of the PPP and its role in the Lighthouse projects and their preparation, Nuria DE LAMA (Atos), Edward CURRY (Insight) and Milan PETCOVIC (Philips)
- Presentation of Horizon 2020 Work Programme challenges and objectives, ICT 15 – 2016, Big Data PPP Lighthouse Projects, Francesco BARBATO, European Commission
- Ideal-ist, Stephen O'REILLY, Enterprise Ireland
- List of presentations of the networking sessions: HERE
• Background Notes H2020-ICT-15-2016
• Horizon 2020 - The work Programme 2016-2017 Information and Communication Technologies
• ICT Research & Innovation under Horizon 2020
• Another Info Day on ICT 14, ICT 15, ICT 16 and ICT 17 will be organised in January 2016, more information on the dedicated event website
• H2020 Reference documents
• Questions and Answers