Due to the fierce global market competition and very high speed technological developments, major research and innovation achievements are required for sustaining Europe's industrial competitiveness and leadership, and to exploit new emerging market opportunities. The call addresses several areas, selected in the context of the Photonics PPP, and with different funding schemes.
Research and Innovation actions topics:
- Biophotonics: advancing imaging for in-depth disease diagnosis
- Breakthrough in miniaturization of SSL light engines and systems
- Pervasive high-specificity and high-sensitivity sensing for a safer environment
The Innovation Actions topics:
- Application driven core photonic devices integrated in systems: Focus is on microdisplay-based immersive, augmented and virtual reality visualisation systems
- Pilot line for Assembly and Packaging
Coordination and Support Actions topics:
- Coordination of regional photonics strategies
- Photonics enhanced MakerLabs
The call text is available on the Participant Portal.
The infoday will allow participants to present their proposal ideas for these topics and to network with other participants. Moreover, it will be possible to ask Commission staff questions related to proposal ideas.
Please find here the draft agenda of the day.
Due to the expected high number of participants, you are encouraged to attend only the thematic session of your direct interest.
There are still some places left, please REGISTER here by FRIDAY 8/1/16.