The event will discuss medical, social and economic benefits of sustainable investments in health, ways to reduce the burden of chronic diseases, and how to strengthen the prevention and management of chronic diseases, with a focus on EU added value and action.
The first day will feature workshops on:
- How to address major chronic diseases and the added value of EU action;
- Healthy ageing strategies for active older people - from disease to functions;
- Effective frameworks for the prevention and management of major chronic diseases;
- Investing in health - economic and social aspects of chronic disease prevention and management;
- Acting more efficiently on risk factors and determinants - Innovation in prevention and rebalancing prevention and treatment.
These workshops will produce consensus statements and recommendations that will be then presented and discussed on the second day during the plenary sessions.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Tonio Borg, Commissioner, DG SANCO;
- Paola Testori-Coggi, Director General, DG SANCO;
- Christel Schaldemose, MEP (EPP, Denmark);
- Yves Leterme, Deputy Director General OECD;
- the Belgian and Greek Minister of Health;
- many other speakers from academia, policy and industry.
The full program of the summit and registration details are available here.