This event gives industry leaders the opportunity to influence how the implementation of the regulation for eID should be handled and what they need to see in place. Leaders responsible for eID want and need to understand what is important to industry so that cross border use of eID will become "business as usual".
This is the start of work of a genuine cooperative nature to move forward together to maximise the potential benefits of secure and trusted cross border electronic identity
- understand the needs of industry, collecting input from the private sector about what they want to see in and not see in the implementation of the Regulation in order to generate growth and innovation
- raise awareness for industry of the possibilities for growth and innovation from cross border e-ID use
- showcase private sector use cases for cross border eID
Please find a blog post on the event, published on the Digital Agenda for Europe.
- Welcome, by the European Commission
- The airline API data challenge, by Rob Broere
- eIdentity – value and innovation, by Vincent Tilman
- Mobile Digital Identity - Opportunities and use cases, by Alfonso Mariconda
- Mobile e-Id for carsharing247.com, by Johannes Freudenthaler
- Digidentity, by Marcel Wendt
- Electronic Identity, by Shailesh Grover
- Vision of a Member State, by Olli Pekka Rissanen