DemAAL Summer School is primarily intended for postgraduate (PhD or MSc) students, postdocs and researchers investigating clinical and technical aspects related to Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) technologies for remote health management, ageing well and independent living.
Leading researchers from academia and industry will cover theoretical and practical aspects pertinent to pervasive/ubiquitous computing technologies for Ambient Intelligence (AmI) applications, while special focus will be given on the role and opportunities of such technologies for dementia management.
Lecture material will be augmented with hands-on practical sessions. PC access with all tools pre-installed will be available on site as well. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to present their work and obtain feedback during a dedicated poster session intended to further facilitate interactions and the exchange of ideas.
Chania is a wonderful destination and September is among the best times to visit without very high temperatures and a lot of tourists.
The organizers tried to keep it as affordable as possible with a fee of 450 Euros for the whole week including lecture materials, accommodation, lunches and social events.
- Dementia and ICT for staging, enablement, and support
- Wearable and pervasive computing
- Sensor networks
- Sensor correlation and fusion
- Context modelling
- Activity monitoring and recognition
- Semantic Complex Event Processing
- Contextual reasoning in AmI
- Assistive technologies for cognitive support and wellbeing
- Video & voice-based analytics for symptomatic assessment of dementia
Registration deadline: 30th May 2013.