Different instruments will be discussed such as public-private partnerships, the networking of ecosystems and clusters, the pooling of sources of investments around specific projects from regional, national, European funding and the role of a smart regional strategy.
The electronics strategy for Europe (adopted in May 2013) will be presented. It aims to maintain Europe at the leading edge in the design and manufacturing of micro- and nanoelectronics. The strategy will mobilise 100 billion euros of regional and industrial investments and create 250,000 jobs in Europe by 2020.
Special attention will be given to light house projects such as Smart Cities, Smart Everything Everywhere and the markets that can be captured by the European regional clusters in the field of enabling technologies such as electronics, photonics and robotics.
The speakers are:
- Khalil Rouhana, Director, Directorate "Components and Systems", DG Connect, European Commission
- Prof. Chris Melhuish, University of Bristol and University of the West of England - Bristol
- Prof. Dr Engelbert Westkämper, Fraunhofer-Institute IPA and University Stuttgart
- Dr Drew Nelson, CEO and President, IQE Group
- Hervé Floch, General Manager of ALPhA – Route des Lasers
The workshop will take place in the room 0A from 11.15 to 13.00