Tender procedure in the field of Media policy.
1. Describing in detail the challenges that film heritage institutions are facing in relation to digital production or distribution of cinematographic works (in cinemas or via new channels of distribution).
2. Establishing which kind of legal/organisational/technical changes have to be introduced to ensure that film archives will continue to perform their role in the digital era.
3. Analysing the situation in the 27 Member States: are film archives and national administrations aware of the challenge? Are they already introducing changes or have they planned to do so? Identify problems and best practices.
4. Analysing the situation in film heritage institutions in USA and compare it with EU-27.
5. Describing the strategies of American majors and large European production companies for preservation of their digital films.
6. Providing feasible recommendations and a calendar to Member States and film heritage institutions on how to prepare for the digital era.
7. Providing policy options for EU action.