The following funding opportunities exist for consortia of procurers (see also leaflet):
- To prepare and undertake together a PCP or PPI procurement (see the calls for PCP actions or PPI actions).
- To cooperate on identifying opportunities and preparing for future PCPs / PPIs (see the calls for coordination and support actions)
This type of support is found in the Horizon 2020 work programmes for European Research Infrastructures, Information and Communication Technologies, Health, Security, Energy, Transport, Space and Climate Change / Environment.
Note that the funding rates are increased to 90% respectively 35% for the PCP respectively PPI actions from WP2016-17 onwards! Also from WP2017 onwards, proposers can choose between implementing one joint PPI procurement or several separate but coordinated PPI procurements!
The following ppts guide you through the core info about the calls for proposals:
- Modalities of the Horizon 2020 funding instruments in support of PCP and PPI. More detailed info in the general annexes of the Work Program here.
- How to find partners? Check out also this list of key ICT procurers in 10 key sectors of public interest across all Member States.
In addition to the wide range of domain specific calls, there are also "open calls' in the ICT Work Progmamme:
-ICT-33: (a) European wide networks of public procurers preparing future PCPs or PPIs in any area of public interest that requires ICT based solutions and
- ICT-33 (b): European wide network of competence centers on innovation procurement
Indicative Bugdet = € 4M for ICT-33 (a) and (b) together; Call deadline for the ICT-33 topic: 25 Apr 2017
Information and networking in preparation of the 2016-17 innovation procurement related calls take place for example at the annual EU innovation procurement event in Athens on 18-19 October 2016 and at the different thematic workshops (e.g. upcoming workshop for energy procurers) organised by the European Assistance for Innovation Procurement initiative (eafip).
To help procurers in H2020 funded PCPs, the EC has made available template PCP tender documents: Firstly there are templates for the OJEU notices to announce the open market consultation, to launch the call for tender and to announce the winning bidders. Secondly there is also a template for the Request for tenders with a Framework Agreement covering the whole PCP and specific contracts for each PCP phase.