The Member States Expert Group on Digitisation and Digital Preservation (MSEG) was set up in 2007. It replaced an informal intergovernmental group on digitisation. The group mandate has been extended until 2016.
Representatives from national ministries and/or national cultural institutions of all EU countries participate in the group.
Objectives of the group
- To monitor progress on the implementation of the Commission Recommendation of October 2011, on digitisation and digital preservation.
- To exchange information and good practices of Member States’ policies and strategies on the digitisation and online accessibility of cultural material and digital preservation.
- To assist the Commission in monitoring developments regarding the way cultural digital resources can be innovatively re-used to offer economic opportunities to the cultural and creative industries.
Meetings of MSEG on Digitisation and Digital Preservation
- 18th MSEG Meeting, 22-23 November 2016
- 17th MSEG Meeting, 13-14 June 2016
- 16th MSEG Meeting, 13-14 October 2015
- 15th MSEG Meeting, 24-25 June 2015
- 14th MSEG Meeting, 11-12 November 2014
- 13th MSEG Meeting, 3-4 June 2014
- 12th MSEG Meeting, 12-13 November 2013
- 11th MSEG Meeting, 9-10 April 2013
- 10th MSEG Meeting, 12-13 September 2012