A whole ecosystem of accelerators, crowdfunding platforms and events are sprouting up to support this new wave of innovation through funding and mentoring including:
- Startup accelerators such as Endeavour Greece, Metavallon and the Founder Institute
- Startup creation funds including Openfund, Start Tech Ventures and crowdfunding platforms Groopio and Give & Fund
- Numerous events and competitions such as the international student competition Ennovation 2014, Startup Live Thessaloniki and Global Entrepreneurship Week
Time magazine has noticed this dynamic digital scene in Greece.
The European Union is also committed to strengthening the business environment for startups in Europe through the many instruments available today such as the Horizon 2020 Programme, the Startup Europe Initiative, Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs and relevant FP7 projects (Future Internet Public-Private Partnership phase 3 for instance).
Find out more about the new and exciting generation of Greek entrepreneurs through these inspirational success stories:
- Pollfish allows any organisation to carry out a trustworthy survey easily and quickly via the company’s website.
- Daily Secret is helping users find the best-kept secrets of some of the world’s most exciting capitals and cities.
- Struggling to find a doctor’s appointment is a thing of the past thanks to Greek startup Doctoranytime.
- Mist.io allows companies and individuals to manage and monitor virtual servers.
- Discover Incrediblue, an award-winning online platform for sailing and motor boat rentals.
- Intale aims to help small shop owners digitalise their business and become more effective.