The Going Local event took place on 29 and 30 June 2015 in Athens. The DSM strategy was presented at the conference, The European Strategy in the Digital Single Market (DSM) and at meetings with the Greek public authorities. Discussions focused on:
- The importance of DSM for consumers, e-commerce, digital services and digital entrepreneurship
- The present and future of Digital Networks and Services in Greece
- Smart cities in Greece and their contribution to the Greek economy
- Grand Coalition for Digital Skills and Jobs
- Greek participation in Horizon 2020
- The use of structural funds for ICT
Going Local gives participants the opportunity to have a say in the development of the European Digital Single Market (DSM) strategy and for us to get a better understanding of national and local digital realities.
Senior European Commission staff members organise the Going Local events together with the Commission Representation in your country. Sometimes Commissioners working with aspects of the Digital Single Market are also involved.