Liberty Global is supporting projects that are complementary to the company's digital inclusion initiatives. These projects have the potential to help to address the skills gap and bring a raft of new employment opportunities to Europe’s youth. In particular:
- CoderDojo: As a key sponsor and the first pan-European corporate donor, Liberty Global will help scale 60+ new CoderDojos across Europe, reaching an additional 2,000 European youth in 2014.
- Liberty Global is also a key sponsor of the 2014 ‘Coolest Projects’ Awards, an annual event aimed at recognising and rewarding the best CoderDojo youth ideas from around the world.
- YouRock: Liberty Global is helping scale YouRock to reach 200,000 young people across 11 European countries in 2014.
- Get Online Week (GOW) : Sponsor GOW to engage 5,000 community telecentres in campaign activities that will reach 50,000 people and raise awareness among 500,000 Europeans in 2014.
- Tech School: Increase reach in 2014 to: +400k unique visitors to website, 6k registered users, 300 project idea submissions, 200 participating schools and universities, 50 participating mentors, 20 participating teens in summer camp.
- Esafety Label: Reach 300 schools across 10 European countries in 2014