GEYC Resources Center (GEYC RC), part of the Group of the European Youth for Change (GEYC), is a free online platform gathering resources in the new media field, as well as offering training and practical experience (via online internships) in the digital field. It aims to digitally empower young people all over the world to create a positive change in their communities by offering access to tools, free education and networking.
The pledge of GEYC RC has the following objectives:
- offer free access to new media education;
- provide online resources for youth and non profit work;
- encourage sharing of good practices among non-profit organisations at European and international level;
- stimulate networking between non profit organisations at European and international level;
In five years GEYC RC aims at training over 1000 people in the new media field, gathering more than 5000 resources as well as reaching more than 1000 people on a daily basis in order to raise awareness about the importance of new media.
By the end of 2014 GEYC RC commits to:
- Run at least 3 training programs in the new media field;
- Continue the New Media Ambassadors international online internship program;
- Collect over 700 resources and 200 reviews;
- Reach more than 10.000 people on their website and on Facebook on a monthly basis;
- Organize more than 10 offline events;
The “New Media Ambassadors” program offers young people all over Europe the possibility to acquire practical training in the field on new media, which prepares them for a digital job.
The lead partner of the GEYC RC project is the Group of the European Youth for Change (GEYC), a Romanian established non-profit organisation active at European level. GEYC RC was founded in 2010.