Building the Cybersecurity Landscape
Room 2.17, 06/12/2018 (10:00-11:000)
Get involved in shaping its future
In September 2017, the European Council decided to create an EU-wide cybersecurity network with a Cybersecurity Research and Competence Centre at its heart, aiming at:
- ensuring that the EU retains and develops the essential Cybersecurity capacities
- stimulating development and deployment […], and complementing the capacity building efforts in this area at EU and national level
- pooling and shaping research efforts
- acting as a capability project manager able to handle multinational projects
- supporting industry through testing and simulation to underpin the EU cybersecurity certification framework
- supporting cyber skills development
In December 2018, the European Commission will launch four Cybersecurity Competence Centre Networks that will be the concrete first steps toward the European Cybersecurity Competence Centre. The four projects gather more than 150 partners and will become the backbone of the EU wide ecosystem. The now-known networks must work and structure the communities in Europe in order to bring advanced Cybersecurity solutions to the EU society.
But how will they do that? What specific actions will they take? How can I, as a representative of an SME, an RTO, a university, a public authority, or a citizen work with the four networks and join the community? How can I benefit from the advanced solutions that these networks will generate? How can I ensure my digital safety with these networks?
- Ideal-ist Workshop: Cybersecurity (485 KB)
Coordinated by: Edina NEMETH (National Contact Point for ICT & FET in Hungary, -, Hungary)
Organised by: Géraud GUILLOUD (Luxinnovation, European Fundings, Luxembourg)
Comments are closed