Digital Innovation Hubs now and in the future
ROOM L3, LEVEL 1, 04/12/2018 (16:00-17:30)
Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) are at the core of the Digitising European Industry initiative. They help companies - especially SMEs - all across Europe to digitalise their products, processes and services through innovative digital technologies.
This session takes place in the context of the preparation for the next Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), including the proposed Horizon Europe and Digital Europe programmes, where Digital Innovation Hubs will play a key role. The Digital Europe Programme plans to bring additional support at EU level to Digital Innovation Hubs in:
- building additional capacity in high performance computing, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and skills development;
- support the broad roll out of digital advances to the European economy.
The objective of the session is to take stock of progress made on DIHs and discuss the way forward in the framework of the next MFF, in particular the Digital Europe Programme. We will discuss, among others, the role that the RTOs (research and technology organisations) and similar organisations will play in the process. SMEs and industry in general, RTOs, DIHs and policy-makers from all around Europe are invited to participate in the discussion.
Links and Documents
- Agenda (335 KB)
- Jean-Luc DI PAOLA-GALLONI (Valeo, France), Speaker
- Laurent HERAULT (CEA, LETI, France), Speaker
- Gerti KAPPEL (TU Wien, Institute of Information Systems Engineering, Austria), Speaker
- Max LEMKE (DG Connect, European Commission), Speaker
- Kęstutis LUKOŠEVIČIUS (UAB BaltLED, Administration, Lithuania), Speaker
- Lula ROSSO (VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland), Speaker
- Lucilla SIOLI (European Commission, Director for Artificial Intelligence and Digital Industry at DG Connect, Belgium), Moderator
- Gintaras VILDA (Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania, Lithuania), Speaker
Comments are closed