Blockchain applications in healthcare data management and exchange
Room M1, 05/12/2018 (10:00-10:45)
Blockchain has the potential impacting healthcare in a variety of fields A key envisioned application is the management and exchange of electronic health records. The session will also discuss off-chain/on-chain data management, identity management, GDPR-compliance, and interoperability issues. In particular, the networking session will focus on:
1) New models of GDPR-compliant data mobilisation and consent and permission management, presented by the EU-funded project MyHealthMyData.
2) Innovative approach for data self-sovereignty and patient-centric distributed data analytics, discussing the system implemented by the Swedish company Carechain.io
3) The new consensus protocol of Hedera Hashgraph, capable of performing up to 200.000 tps without energy-hungry computational processes, and its potential impact on Medical IoT
4) The Natural Blockchain Language,by the Blockchain Knowledge Foundation, which allows to “translate” the formal natural language of a given agreement into an error-free smart contract.
The panel is composed by:
Mirko De Maldè – Moderator
Edwin Morley-Fletcher – MyHealthMyData Coordinator
Johan Sellström – CareChain Co-founder
Peo Strömberg – Hedera Hashgraph Head of Strategic Partnership EMEA
Arnoud W. Berghuis – Blockchain Knowledge Foundation Founder
The session will be organised as follow:
• 10:00-10-25: quickfire presentations of the 4 panellists.
• 10:25-10:45: panel discussion with the involvement of the attendees
- 2-pager for the networking session (189 KB)
Organised by: Mirko DE MALDÈ (Lynkeus, Italy)
Comments are closed