EU-Brazil Cooperation on ICT
Room 1.61-1.62, 05/12/2018 (16:30-17:15)
Over the last seven years, the European Union (EU) and Brazil (BR) have granted approx. 50 M€ for investment in joint Research and Technological Development (RTD) activities for Information Communications Technology (ICT). Brazilian government have been advancing in many ICT aspects, such as with the Brazilian Strategy for Digital Transformation (e-Digital), the National IoT Plan, Advanced Manufacturing policies and large investments, from the National Bank, to support indicatives in IoT and other areas. EU-BR have been working in many cooperation initiatives, such as Startup Brazil and StartUp Europe, 5G-PPP, Coordinated Calls, Sector Dialogues and many others. The proposed networking session intends to foster EU-BR collaboration initiatives and improve the collaboration approach according to the feedback of the audience. The intentions can be translated into the following specific objectives:
- Present an overview of Research in Brazil and its main areas and competences.
- Present a history of the EU-Brazil collaboration, its results, Brazilian initiatives, opportunities for collaboration with Brazil and Brazilian's funding Instruments.
- Present the results achieved by the ongoing projects and an evaluation about its impacts on economy, policy and society.
- Roadmap for EU - Brazil S&T cooperation (1 MB)
- Blueprint document on the Sustainability of the Europe & Brazil Coordinated Calls (1 MB)
Organised by: Wanderson JESUS (RNP, Research and Development Directory, Brazil)
You must log in to add a comment.