Art, the human touch of technology
Hall E1, Level 0, 05/12/2018 (16:30-18:00)
The STARTS initiative promotes synergies between Science, Technology, and the Arts. It is promoted under the Horizon 2020 programme with a view to fostering a growing network of players in industry and the art world. It endeavours to advance collaborations between artists, engineers and researchers to address innovation challenges linked to the technological transformation of our societies.
In particular, the arts can give a ‘human touch’ to digital technologies such as artificial intelligence:
"Artists bring a human perspective to AI. The key here is ‘creativity’ and its link to what it means to be human. By tapping into creativity of artists, Europe will lead the way towards human-centered AI." (Roberto Viola, Director General of DG Connect).
The growing STARTS network involves cultural and industrial players that promote the uptake of digital technologies in a variety of sectors. The network also contributes to regional development goals by helping the emergence of local art-technology centers.
"Innovation ecosystems are key in Europe. More and more regions talk about the role of art-induced creativity when tackling innovation." (Eva Kaili, MEP).
- Eva KAILI (European Parliament, Greece), Moderator
- Vittorio LORETO (Sony Computer Science Laboratories - Paris, France), Speaker
- Irini PAPADIMITRIOU (FutureEverything, United Kingdom), Speaker
- Miri SEGAL (Faculty of Arts - Hamidrasha, Beit Berl academic college, Head of the postgraduate Fine Arts program, Israel), Speaker
- Gerfried STOCKER (Ars Electronica Linz GmbH & Co KG, Austria), Speaker
- Aleksander VALJAMAE (Tallinn University, Department of Digital Technologies, Estonia), Speaker
You must log in to add a comment.