Cybersecurity as key for a Digital Economy and Society
Hall A, Level 2, 05/12/2018 (09:30-11:00)
The session will focus on strategic areas where the EU needs to invest in order to reinforce its cybersecurity, and thus protect its economy and society: research, innovation, and industrial capabilities. The debate will highlight examples of cybersecurity impact in different domains/application areas.
Europe needs to develop further essential capacities to secure its digital economy, society and democracy. The session aims to stimulate the debate on how to achieve this goal. The session will also make the case for the Commission’s initiatives in the area of cybersecurity research and innovation, raising awareness on various challenges in economy and society.
- Alexandra MANIATI (European Banking Federation, Belgium), Speaker
- Anand PRASAD (NEC Corporation, Japan), Speaker
- Kai RANNENBERG (Chair of Mobile Business & Multilateral Security at Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany), Speaker
- Jesper RASMUSSEN (EASA, Flight Standards, Germany), Speaker
- Khalil ROUHANA (European Commission, DG Communications Networks, Content & Technology, Belgium), Speaker
- Katrina SICHEL (Wit and Word Communications sprl, Belgium), Moderator
- Ondrej VLCEK (Avast, Czechia), Speaker
- Stephanie WEHNER (Delft University of Technology, QuTech, Netherlands), Speaker
Comments are closed