COST: Create your network to boost European Research and Technology in ICT
Room L7, 04/12/2018 (16:00-16:45)
COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) is an intergovernmental framework allowing via the “COST Actions” the coordination of research on a European level through the support of cooperation and mobility of researchers. With more than 300 running Actions, COST involved more than 45,000 researchers in 2017 from 38 countries and beyond. By its bottom-up nature COST enables its participants to embark in multidisciplinary research endeavours.
This networking session will
a) familiarize you with the funding offered by COST, how to apply for a new COST Action and how to join already existing COST Actions.
b) highlight the achievable impact when establishing a COST Action. You will receive first-hand experiences from Action Leaders in establishing and running a COST Action and you will gain insight on the impact achieved by their Actions.
c) allow first networking amongst the participants, by inviting you to share your experiences and expectations.
- Ralph Stübner - Introduction to COST
- Brigitte Weiss (Austrian representative in the COST Committee of Senior Officials)
- Claude Oestges, Chair of CA15104, Inclusive Radio Communication Networks for 5G and beyond (IRACON)
- Alessandra Costanzo, Working Group leader of IC1301, Wireless Power Transmission for Sustainable Electronics (WiPE)
- Julio Georgiou, Chair of IC1401, Memristors - Devices, Models, Circuits, Systems and Applications (MemoCiS)
Further information about COST at www.cost.eu.
Organised by: Ralph STUEBNER (COST (European Coorperation in Science and Technology), Science Operations, Belgium)
- 3D printing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Connected cars
- Digital skills
- Open Data
- Quantum Technologies
- Smart Cities
Comments are closed