Date: 10/11/2017 (14:00-15:30)
Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP) – also known as Cascading Grants – can be found in topics from. platforms and pilots, digital innovation hubs, to FET flagships. And it doesn't stop there: I4MS, SAE, IoT-EPI, FIRE, and more. Complex terms, a multitude of initiatives, yet so many opportunities!
But what do these mean in practice? In simplified terms, they describe an opportunity offered in many Horizon 2020 topics for consortia that want to reach out and involve new actors in their research and innovation process: the consortia launch open calls for third parties; third parties apply, receive funding and other forms of support, and engage with a European network. This process contributes to knowledge transfer and exploitation, take-up of technologies, and building and scaling ecosystems in these areas. The process engages competence centres and SMEs, builds academy-industry collaborations, and brings user requirements to the core.
Cascading grants are increasingly used to achieve these objectives throughout ICT in H2020, and beyond. Ideal-ist invites you to exchange good practices on FTSP activities and how to maximise the benefits such measures offer.
This workshop will bring together
- Practitioners of cascading grants to discuss the opportunities and challenges they have faced in implementing such measures.
- Actors who have applied and benefited from open calls of these initiatives, beyond the financial support itself
- Those interested in forming consortia for upcoming FSTP calls in Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-2020
- Actors looking for help to navigate this complex landscape of funding opportunities
The session will also raise awareness of upcoming FSTP calls in Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-2020, as well as opportunities to apply to ongoing FSTP project's calls.
- Understanding Financial Support to Third Parties, European Commission
- Case study: Cascading Grants in Action, Coordinator of a Cascading Grant Consortium
- Case study: Reaching New Horizons through I4MS, SME owner
- Panel discussion
Further information on FSTP
- Open Competitive calls and calls for third parties on the Participant Portal
- Work Programme Annex Describing FSTP (to be updated to new Work Programme, when available)
Further information on Ideal-ist activities at ICT Proposers' Day 2017