Date: 10/11/2017 (09:30-11:00)
This Next Generation Internet (NGI) networking session focuses on 2 calls: The NGI Open Internet Initiative (ICT-24-2018: 3 Research & Innovation (R&I) Actions; EUR 21 Million; 2-3 years; 1 R&I project per topic: Privacy and trust enhancing technologies, Decentralized data governance, Discovery and identification technologies; supported by 3 Coordination and support actions (CSAs); EUR 7 million)). The EU-US collaboration on NGI (ICT-31-2018; 2 CSAs (EUR 2.5 Million; 3 years; CSA 1: Organise & other support activities; CSA2: A Fellowship programme).
ICT-24-2018: Next Generation Internet-An Open Internet Initiative:
This initiative aims at
- developing a more human-centric Internet
- supporting values of openness, cooperation across borders, decentralisation, inclusiveness and protection of privacy;
- giving the control back to the users in order to increase trust in the Internet
- should provide more transparent services, more intelligence, greater involvement and participation
- leading towards an Internet that is more open, robust and dependable, more interoperable and more supportive of social innovation
- involving today’s best Internet innovators
- to address technological opportunities arising from cross-links and advances in various research fields
- to include validation and testing of market traction with minimum viable products & services, of new economic, mobility and social models
- to involves users and market actors at an early stage
The 3 specific 'R&I Actions' are targeted on beneficiaries who should make explicit the intervention logic for their specific research domain, their capacity to attract top Internet talents, to deliver a solid value-adding services package to the third party projects as well as their expertise and capacity in managing the full life-cycle of the open calls transparently. This process will be supported by 3 CSAs. Multi-disciplinary approaches are encouraged.
ICT-31-2018: EU-US collaboration on NGI
Building upon the EU-US collaboration in previous work programmes in the area of research experimentation, the aim is
- to reinforce cooperation and strategic partnerships in the area of Next Generation Internet
- to establish a continuous dialogue among the key actors in the US and European programmes
Proposals shall foresee twinning with entities participating in projects funded by the US to exchange knowledge and experience and exploit synergies.
CSA 1) should organise workshops and other support activities to facilitate the coordination of research and innovation initiatives in the EU and US, and to promote collaboration between the research groups while creating a Next Generation Internet open ecosystem engaging relevant initiatives and key actors from the EU and the US.
CSA 2) should support 3 to 6 months fellowships for Internet researchers notably from hi-tech startups, SMEs, mid-caps, research centres or academia to broaden the understanding of different approaches, perspectives and values, in view to then contribute to concrete NGI services and products 'Made in Europe'. The project will only provide financial support for travel and subsistence, and only citizens of the EU and associated countries will be eligible for funding.
Recording of the session
Agenda and other documents
- *NEW* Agenda updated! (317 KB)
- See the slides from NGI@ICT Proposers Day 2017 - download & share! (1 MB)
- *NEW* FAQ from the ICT Proposers' Day 2017 are published now!!! (35 KB)
Coordinator: Nicole MUESSIGMANN (European Commission, Unit E 3 - Next Generation Internet, Belgium), Peter FATELNIG (European Commission, DG CONNECT, Belgium), Jorge GASOS (European Commission, Belgium)
Track: NGI & 5G
Related booth: Next Generation Internet
11 Presentations: Submit your own
- Personalizing the User Experience through Scrutinization and Control
- NGI-based Cognitive Environments
- HELIOS - 1 - TRUST Empower Social Networks
- lightMANO: Converging NFV and SDN at the edges of the network
- Understanding the Bots of NGI
- F6S :: Open Calls & Community Mgt platform
- FundingBox, the Go-To-Market solution
- NGI Consultation Platform
- Personalised Information Access
- Eurecat - Transparent Algorithms for Fairness in NGI
- 10 good reasons to build a NGI RIA or CSA proposal with Cap Digital
You must log in to add a comment.