NGI & 5G Village, 09/11/2017 (09:30-11:00)
UPDATE AFTER THE CONFERENCE: The slides presented by the EC and the 5GIA are now available at the end of this page.
This networking session (part I and II) will cover topics aiming at research and innovation in the field of the fifth-generation (5G) of mobile telecommunications technologies while leveraging on the previous results of the 5G PPP (Public Private Partnership) initiative.
5G PPP phases 1 and 2 have supported R&I on technologies and architectures for 5G. Phase 3 targets their validation in a system context and for multiple use cases, with performances well beyond those of early 5G trials planned over the 2018-20 period with "non standalone" 5G implementations, and supporting innovative "vertical" use cases as per the 5G Action Plan adopted by the Commission. It also aims at leveraging international cooperation towards industrial consensus on 5G key aspects such as interoperability, architecture, standards, and spectrum.
The "5G End to End Facility" topic addresses network facility covering fixed/multi radio access, backhaul, core network, service technologies and architectures targeted for 5G including end to end virtualisation and slicing as key component to support vertical use cases.
The "5G for cooperative, connected and automated driving" topic aims at qualifying 5G as a core connectivity infrastructure to address vehicle-to-everything (V2X), both from a technological and from a business perspective, for the higher automation levels and for new mobility services.
Some international actions are planned: EU-US collaboration for advanced wireless platforms; EU-China collaboration on 5G trials; joint EU-Japan and EU-Korea research and innovation actions (see also the networking session "Cooperation with Japan and Korea").
The session will start with presentations by the European Commission of the content of the topics. Then the 5G Infrastructure Association (5GIA) will give some information on their activities, in relation with the 5G PPP. After that, potential proposers will have the possibility to take the floor for short presentations (4 minutes each maximum) of their ideas or call for collaboration. If you are willing to do so, please register (mandatory!) here below by uploading your presentation before the 7th November 6:00pm. As time will be limited, we may ask to shorten them, or limit their number.
Recording of the session
Agenda and other documents
- Agenda (243 KB)
- Overview of the 5G PPP Phase 3 topics - EC (1 MB)
- 5G PPP Status and Working Structures - 5GIA (2 MB)
- SME participation in 5G PPP - 5GIA (1 MB)
- 5G PPP Phase 3 Pre-Structuring Model - 5GIA (759 KB)
- Overview of the 5G International collaboration topics - EC (1 MB)
Coordinator: Mario SCILLIA (European Commission, Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT), Belgium), Eric GAUDILLAT (European Commission, DG CONNECT - Network Technologies Unit, Belgium), Rémy BAYOU (european commission, DG CONNECT Unit "Network Technologies", Belgium), Pertti JAUHIAINEN (European Commission, Belgium)
Track: NGI & 5G
19 Presentations: Submit your own
- Satellite and 5G
- AALTO University
- DeustoTech capacities on V2X over 5G
- Intracom Telecom: 5G PPP Phase 3 & Global 5G Collaborations
- In 5G, network based positioning should be supported (Indoors and Outdoors)
- Ubiwhere 5G
- Trusted identities in 5G networks
- Cloud Gaming use case and KPIs
- Urban test field for connected and autonomous driving in Berlin
- Metamorphic and Agile 5G Networks (MORPHNET)
- 5G Enablers
- Quality Assurance and PPDR in 5G (INTERNET INSTITUTE - SME)
- introduction as a possible partner
- TÜV Rheinland contribution for ICT-17-2018 and ICT-19-2019
- Orchestrated 5G ground solution backed up by a SATCOM backhaul - Airbus Secure Communications
- 5G URLLC Test Bed
- Wearable Video for First Responders
- 5G for Connected and Automated Road Mobility in the European Union
- Prototyping Platform for Low-Latency SDN Nodes
Comments are closed