Innovation Radar Prize
Date: 26/09/2016 (13:00-14:30)
On the basis of information collected during the review of recent FP7 and Horizon 2020 projects, a selection of 40 EU-funded high performing innovators who have been developing innovations in these projects were longlisted for the Innovation Radar prize 2016.
A public vote held in August 2016 resulted in 16 of these 40 innovators being selected for the Innovation Radar Final which takes place in this session.
In this session these 16 will pitch to a panel of experts their plans to get their EU-funded innovations 'out of the lab and into the market'.
They are competing in 4 different categories, with four innovators in each category:
- Industrial & Enabling Tech
- Excellent Science
- ICT for Society
- Horizon 2020 ICT Innovator
This is the second edition of the Innovation Radar Prize scheme. The first ever Innovation Radar Prize was awarded last year to Broadbit, a Slovakian SME developing innovative battery technolgy, during the ICT 2015 event in Lisbon.
About the Innovation Radar:
The Innovation Radar is an initiative of the European Commission focussing on the identification of high potential innovations and the key innovators behind them in FP7 and Horizon 2020 projects.
It supports innovators by suggesting a range of targeted actions to assist them in fulfilling their potential in the market. It is an initiative that involves:
- assessing the maturity of innovations developed within the FP7 and H2020 projects and identifying the key innovators developing those innovations who are well placed to bring them to market,
- providing guidance during the project duration in terms of the most appropriate steps to reach the market,
- supporting innovators through EU (and non-EU) funded entrepreneurship initiatives to cover specific needs concerning networking, access to finance, or Intellectual Property Rights.
Recording of the session
Agenda and other links and documents
Coordinator: Eoghan O'NEILL (European Commission, DG CONNECT, Belgium)