ICT Proposers' Day 2016
Date: 26/09/2016 (13:00-15:30)
The specific challenges that are addressed in WP2017 in the field of photonics are:
- Investments in R&D&I are essential for reinforcing Europe's industrial competitiveness and leadership in photonic market sectors where Europe is strong (e.g. in communications, medical photonics, sensing) and to seize new opportunities.
- Europe also needs to strengthen its manufacturing base in photonics to safeguard the further potential for innovation and value creation and for job creation.
- We must better exploit the large enabling potential of photonics in many industrial sectors and in solutions addressing major societal challenges such as health and well-being, energy efficiency or safety.
- Finally, Europe needs to better exploit the innovation capacity of the photonics SMEs and the innovation leverage potential of the innovation clusters and national platforms.
The agenda will include:
- the Photonics PPP: its objectives, the status and targets
- the subtopics in WP2017: scope and expected impacts
- brokerage, networking part with proposal idea presentations
Recording of the session
Agenda and other links and documents
Coordinator: Bart VAN CAENEGEM (European Commission, DG CONNECT, unit A4 (photonics), Belgium), Ronan BURGESS (European Commission, Photonics Unit, Belgium)
Track: Components & Systems
Related booth: Photonics Key Enabling Technologies PPP
3 Presentations: Submit your own
Comments are closed