Jean Eric PAQUET
European Commission - Belgium
Jean-Eric Paquet has been working as the Director-General for Research and Innovation (DG RTD) since April 2018. He started working with the European Commission in 1993. From 2002 until 2004, he was the Deputy Head of Cabinet of former Commissioner for Research, Philippe Busquin. He then worked as a Head of Unit within the DG Mobility and Transport before becoming the Director. In 2013, he joined the DG for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations. Before starting his current position, Mr Paquet served as Deputy Secretary General of the Juncker Commission.
Participating in sessions
- Communicating Europe through Science Diplomacy
- European Innovation Council: catapult your dreams from ideas to scale-up!
- European Partnerships: Impact for Society
- Horizon Europe strategic planning
- Stakeholders views on the future of research and Innovation