Room 7, Lorenz, 25/09/2019 (13:15-14:15)
From GPS to graphene, the past century abounds with examples of breakthroughs in fundamental research that have deeply transformed the way we live today. There is ample evidence that curiosity-driven, blue-sky, frontier research will continue to play a key role in Europe’s future.
The European Research Council’s mission is to extend the boundaries of human knowledge by supporting the best ideas across all fields of science. The ERC aims to accompany researchers in order to help them increase their impact. This panel session with the ERC President and selected grantees will provide an opportunity to discuss the importance of empowering the next generation of scientists, taking risks while remaining open to unexpected outcomes, and providing researchers with the space they need to develop.
- Ana I. CAÑO-DELGADO (Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics, Spain), Speaker
- Mordechai (Muki) HAKLAY (UCL, United Kingdom), Speaker
- Jean-Pierre BOURGUIGNON (European Research Council, Belgium), Speaker
- Tony LOCKETT (European Research Council, Communication, Belgium), Speaker
- Camilla COLOMBO (Politecnico di Milano, Italy), Speaker