Auditorium Archimedes, 26/09/2019 (11:30-12:30)
The discussion will demonstrate the potential of the (untapped) evidence generated by R&I projects for policy making. Various actors will highlight their specific needs about when, how and why policy uptake is needed at their individual level. Furthermore, obstacles (such as timeliness of policy relevant evidence) and necessary conditions (such as availability/accessibility of policy relevant data and stakeholder engagement) for an efficient feedback to the policy process should be identified. The session aims at harvesting ideas and best practices through interaction with the audience on how to identify timely policy trends and great emerging challenges that need to be tackled.
- Richard BLUNDELL (Malta Council for Science and Technology, Malta), Speaker
- Janez POTOČNIK (UNEP-International Ressource Panel, France), Speaker
- Conor O'CARROLL (SciPol, Ireland), Speaker
- Cecilia CABELLO VALDES (FECYT, Spain), Speaker
- Anna PANAGOPOULOU (European Commission, DG RTD, Belgium), Speaker
- Fulvio ESPOSITO (MIUR, Italy), Speaker