Room 11, Walton, 24/09/2019 (17:10-18:10)
Rail is a vital component of the EU’s transport system, especially for freight. The development of innovative solutions and their accelerated deployment are vital in order to decrease GHG emissions of transport by increasing the modal share of rail. Coordinated joint efforts are needed to use the potential of digitalisation and automation and make rail operations and the rail industry more competitive, also on global level.
- Christopher IRWIN (European Passengers' Federation, Belgium), Speaker
- Carlo M BORGHINI (SHIFT2RAIL JOINT UNDERTAKING, Belgium), Speaker
- Gilles PETERHANS (UIP - International Union of Wagon Keepers, Belgium), Speaker
- Corinne TALOTTE (SNCF, TECH4RAIL Innovation Program, France), Speaker
- Keir FITCH (European Commission, DG MOVE), Speaker