Hall 3, 19/09/2019 (11:30-12:45)
Booth: AI FOR MANUFACTURING & I4MS
ICT-38-2020: Artificial intelligence for manufacturing
State-of-the-art AI technologies need to be integrated with advanced manufacturing technologies and systems in order to exploit their potential in manufacturing and process industry. AI systems cooperating with humans can improve production planning and execution, and can help to improve quality of products and processes.
a) Research and Innovation Actions (RIA)
The focus is on integrating AI technologies in the manufacturing domain, for the benefit of manufacturing companies. This can be done, for example, in agile production processes and predictive quality, taking into account domain-specific requirements in terms of time criticality, safety and security, finding effective ways for collaboration between humans and AI systems, and exploiting the strengths of both humans and machines while keeping the human in control.
Proposals must develop innovative concepts and tools that take into account the status and availability of all relevant production resources, learn from past experiences, and deal effectively with unforeseen events. Developed technologies and solutions should be demonstrated in at least two different realistic manufacturing use cases of significant economic value.
b) Coordination and Support Actions (CSA)
CSAs should focus on supporting standardisation or cooperation EU-Japan.
DT-ICT-03-2020: I4MS (phase 4) - uptake of digital game changers
The challenge is to accelerate the design, development and uptake of advanced digital technologies by European industry, notably in sectors where digital technologies are underexploited.
a) Innovation Actions (IA)
Digital Innovation Hubs that strengthen European SMEs and mid-caps by experimenting and testing in one or more of the following areas. Proposals should cover the manufacturing sector at large, including discrete manufacturing, continuous production, and construction.
- Smart modelling, simulation, and optimisation for digital twins.
- Laser based equipment in advanced and additive manufacturing.
- Innovative Artificial Intelligence in manufacturing.
- Cognitive autonomous systems and human-robot interaction.
- Widening Digital Innovation Hubs.
b) Coordination and Support Action (CSA)
The action will support the network of DIHs and help achieve broad coverage in technological, application, innovation, and geographic terms, and link up with regional/national innovation initiatives, and other DIHs.
Agenda and other documents
- Final Agenda and presentations (345 KB)
- ICT-38-2020: AI for Manufacturing (1 MB)
- Conclusions AI in Manufacturing workshop of 2 July (639 KB)
- DT-ICT-03-2020: I4MS (phase 4) – uptake of digital game changers (1 MB)
- Examples from previous I4MS projects (1 MB)
17 Presentations: Submit your own
- Aachen DIH for Smart Production at Smart Logistics Cluster
- AI for blockchain-centric Manufacturing
- High Performing & Trustworthy AI for 5G-enabled Manufacturing
- compAIn: Human AI interaction in manufacturing
- MANUTECH USD : comptence center on femtosecond laser
- Pôle SCS
- (AI)2 APPs - Applied Industrialized Artificial Intelligence Apps for all
- SmartAgriHubs: digitalising the European agri-food sector
- TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- Fincons Group Industrial Piloting for ICT-38
- AI 4 Industrial Business Processes
- OzU Industry 4.0 Excellence Center
- Martel Innovate - Interests and skills for AI in Manufacturing
- Data sets generation/completion via digital twins
- FundingBox: How to increase your impact. vFinal
You must log in to add a comment.