Ballroom B and C, 09/04/2019 (15:50-17:20)
The session will present the perspectives of the various stakeholders engaged in the digitisation, preservation and promotion of European Cultural Heritage. The speakers will discuss what parts of this Declaration are the most relevant and important for their Member-State/organization/community and for Europe in general, and why cooperation is essential across Europe when it comes to digitisation of cultural heritage.
The panel will be closed by Viviane Hoffmann, Deputy Director-General DG Eudcation and Culture.
The session will be followed by the signing ceremony of the Declaration by Member-States, witnessed and hosted by Commissioner Gabriel and Commissioner Navracsics.
- Tibor NAVRACSICS (European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport), Panellist
- Gianluca VACCA (Under-Secretary of State at the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities), Panellist
- Kristina POSAVEC (Deputy State Secretary of the Central State Office for the Development of the Digital Society), Panellist
- Louise HAXTHAUSEN (UNESCO Representative to the European Union and Director of the UNESCO Liaison Office in Brussels), Panellist
- Harry VERWAYEN (Executive Director of Europeana Foundation), Panellist
- Bastien VAROUTSIKOS (Director of Development at ICONEM), Panellist