Startup Europe H2020 projects
In the last 2 years, 14 projects were funded to build bridges between the startup players within European ecosystems. These projects worked directly with more than 700 startups, bringing them together with investors, accelerators, entrepreneurs, corporate networks, universities and the media. The consolidated networks and ecosystems provide the right ground for structured and effective growth of European startups and entrepreneurs.
Activities to connect ecosystems
To maintain ecosystems connected in a widely distinct universe of European regions it was necessary to create events where local action and local policy making could be showcased. The local ecosystems are key to step up networks and enhance proximity between stakeholders. In addition, to foster open innovation and collaboration, a prize methodology is endorsed at five different levels (local, county, regional, national and European). Some examples of activities are listed below:
- Startup Europe Week - 250 cities connected by a single event across EU with 400 simultaneous actions.
- Startup Europe Awards - the Eurovision for startups.
- European Maker Week - the startups' fair.
To learn about what is happening in your ecosystem, visit the following websites:
- EDCI - European Digital City Index.
- Startup Hubs - Dynamic Mapping of Tech startups: 20 startup ecosystems analysed dynamically using APIs, maps, and official company data.
- Startup Europe Map - Map of ecosystem builders: accelerators, investors, corporates programs, public programs, coworking spaces.
Other European Commission activities connecting people
The European Commission develops yet other activities and programs to connect Europeans and promote innovation in different fields connected to innovation and startups. Some examples are listed below: