Safer Internet Centres are made up of awareness centres and helplines (organised in a pan-European network called Insafe) and hotlines (organised in a unique pan-European network called International Association of Internet Hotlines - INHOPE), in all the Member States, Iceland, Norway and Russia.
Awareness centres’ main activities are:
- raising awareness related to potential risks young people may encounter online;
- offer advice about staying safe online to young people and deal with issues such as cyber bullying, via the helplines;
- develop information material;
- organise events such as the Safer Internet Day, their biggest yearly international event;
- organise information sessions for parents, children and teachers;
In addition, they set up youth panels to be consulted for the development of awareness raising activities, material and campaigns.