The EU funds eHealth projects which have the interest of the citizens at their core, such as projects which aim at diagnosing a patient more accurately and more quickly, which make self-monitoring possible and/or help create better and safer care in general. These projects were funded under the EU's Seventh Research Framework Program (FP7) and Competitiveness & Innovation Framework Program (CIP), and, from 2014 onwards, under Horizon 2020.
The European Commission manages around 100 eHealth projects, among which:
- Innovation projects focussing on Personal Health Systems, mobile health (mHealth), telehealth etc. They also include projects working to improve interoperability;
- Research projects covering areas such as diabetes, mental illness, cardiovascular disease, stroke and many others;
- An overview of all recent or on-going EU funded research and innovation projects on eHealth;
- A brochure on a selection of our research and innovation projects: "ICT for societal challenges";
- Project news, calls and events via our monthly newsletter "eHealth in Focus" and on twitter;
- Interested to propose a project? Have a look at the Participant Portal.