Day 1: Wednesday 28 September 2016
Anthony Whelan, Director for Electronic Communications Networks, DG CONNECT will be presenting a briefing on the draft of the rules needed to avoid abuses of the end of roaming charges in time for June 2017. BEREC will provide an opinion to the Commission. The draft text has been shared with Members of the European Parliament, COCOM and BEREC. The Commission services are open to feedback on the draft proposal from other interested parties. The Commission is due to adopt the implementing act by 15 December, 2016.
Follow the live streaming of the briefing on Roaming on our Youtube channel.
Day 2: Thursday 29 September 2016
Anthony Whelan, DG CONNECT Director for Electronic Communications Networks and Services and Wilhelm Eschweiler, BEREC Chair will outline the set of measures proposed by the Commission on 14 September 2016 to ensure faster and high quality connectivity for all Europeans.
Follow the live streaming of the briefing on Connectivity on our Youtube channel.
by the moderator Kate Russell.
Robert Fico, Prime Minister of Slovakia.
Peter Pellegrini, Deputy Prime Minister of Slovakia
Andrus Ansip, Vice-President of the European Commission for the Digital Single Market
Giuseppe Abbamonte, Director for Media Policy, DG CONNECT, with contributions of Ms Therese Comodini Cachia, Member of the European Parliament will discuss the update of the Copyright Framework proposed on 14 September 2016 by the Commission.
Follow the live streaming of the briefing on Copyright on our Youtube channel.
Günther Oettinger, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
The panel will focus on the challenges encountered by leading tech business and how to overcome them. The debate will be focused around the development of startup ecosystems, support of innovation, the lifecycle of a tech company from inception to IPO, and policy measures for the digital economy and digital single market.
- Paul Hofheinz – President Lisbon Council and Coordinator European Digital Forum
- Sebastian Siemiatkowski - Cofounder and CEO of Klarna
- Zuzana Nehajová - Advisor to the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic
- Peter Verhoeven - Managing Director Europe, Middle East, Africa of Booking.com
- Karen Boers - Cofounder & Managing Director of Startups.be, Board member & CEO of European Startup Network
Roberto Viola, Director General of DG CONNECT
Panel discussion with
- Roberto Viola, Director General DG CONNECT
- Dita Charanzova, Member of the European Parliament
- Emmanuel Mallia, Minister for Competitiviness and Digital, Maritime and Services Economy of Malta
- Eva Kaili, Member of the European Parliament
- Peter Pellegrini, Deputy Prime Minister of Slovakia (Closing Remarks)